McMaster University offers a unique environment in Canada, boasting access to some of the world’s leading computational resources.
Facilities, Resources, Support & Affiliated Laboratories
- SHARCNET – McMaster University is a major partner in the Shared Hierarchical Academic Research Computing Network (SHARCNET), currently among the leading high-performance computing centers in the world.
- Research and High-Performance Computing Support Group (RHPCS) – RHPCS supports high performance computing installations as a central part of the university infrastructure and provides various levels of computing support to the research and high-performance computing communities at McMaster.
- Resource Libraries – Three libraries at McMaster University that provide world-class collections, including an extensive collection of online e-journals, covering all areas of physical sciences, mathematics and engineering include the Thode Library (Science and Engineering), Health Sciences Library and the Mills Memorial Library .
- Advanced Optimization Group and Laboratory
- Advanced Signal Processing Laboratory
- Applied and Industrial Mathematical Sciences Laboratory
- Bioinformatics Research Laboratory
- Communications Research Laboratory
- McMaster Advanced Control Consortium
- Neural Computation Laboratory
- Simulation Optimization Systems Research Laboratory
Affiliations And Collaborations
McMaster University features a unique collaborative environment with interdepartmental affiliations and shared resources including:
- The Origins Institute conducts transdisciplinary research, runs conferences and workshops, and offers positions through a postdoctoral programme. They run a free colloquium and public lecture series and bring to campus cutting-edge researchers and world-reknowned speakers to meet with students and engage the public.
- Active cooperation channels exist via the Brockhouse Institute for Materials Research and the McMaster Nuclear Reactor with high-quality researchers involved from both faculties.
- SHARCNET is among the leading high-performance computing centers in the world. It expands opportunities for faculty and students on campus and across universities to work collaboratively on research initiatives.